Solo atlikėjai amžiaus grupėje 12-16 metų, globėja Britney Spears; kviestinis globėjas Will.i.am
- Reed Deming, 13. Audition recap: Deming (a Justin Bieber look-alike/sound-alike) sang the Bruno Mars songs “It Will Rain” and “Grenade.” Although he got “yes” votes from all of the judges, Reid (the man who gave Bieber a record deal) was the most reluctant to say yes.
- Beatrice Miller, 13. Audition recap: She was briefly shown singing the Dixie Chicks’ “Cowboy Take Me Away.”
- Arin Ray, 16. Audition recap: Ray (an Usher wannabe) used to be in “The X Factor” U.S.-manufactured InTENsity, a group of 10 underage kids which came in 12th place on the show in 2011 and has since disbanded. Ray said that he wants to be a solo artist, not in a group, and he wowed all of the judges with his original song “Count on Me.”
- Carly Rose Sonenclar, 13. Audition recap: She greatly impressed the audiences and the judges with her big-voiced performance of “Feeling Good,” a song made most famous by Nina Simone. Although it wasn’t mentioned in her audition, Sonenclar is an experienced entertainer who has several Broadway and movie roles to her credit.
- Diamond White, 13. Audition recap: She got a standing ovation and unanimous “yes” votes from the judges for her mature-voiced rendition of James Brown’s “It’s a Man’s, Man’s, Man’s World.”
Solo atlikėjai amžiaus grupėje 17-24 metų, globėja Demi Lovato; kviestinis globėjas Nick Jonas
- CeCe Frey, 20. Audition recap: Wearing a fake tattoo of leopard prints on the side of her forehead, Frey was shown in backstage footage to be an arrogant and ambitious busybody. At first, when Frey started to sing a somewhat wobbly and off-key version of Righteous Brothers’ “Unchained Melody,” it looked like she was going to flop, but then she was asked to sing another song. So she sang Christina Aguilera’s “Ain’t No Other Man,” and her performance on that song was good enough for the judges, so they all voted to put her through to the next round.
- Jennel Garcia, 18. Audition recap: Garcia (who was a contestant on Fox’s “American Juniors” in 2003) said she wanted to be a modern-day Pat Benatar. All of the judges loved her performance of Grace Potter’s “Paris (Ooh La La),” which Garcia belted out with the plenty of gusto.
- Lyric (also known as Lyric Da Queen), 23. Her “X Factor” audition was not shown on TV, but she performs hip-hop/rap music.
- Paige Thomas, 21. Audition recap: A single mom to a 3-year-old daughter, Thomas was the object of “mean girl” comments backstage from two blonde sisters named Kaci and Kayle Newton. Thomas (an “American Idol” alum) sang Mary J. Blige’s “I’m Going Down,” and got rave reviews from all of the judges. Meanwhile, Kaci Newton bombed in her audition and got rejected by all of the judges.
Solo atlikėjai amžiaus grupėje nuo 25 amžiaus, globėjas L.A. Reid; kviestinis globėjas Justin Bieber
- Vino Alan, 39. Audition recap: This heavily tattooed single father impressed all of the judges with his version of Ray LaMontagne’s “Trouble.”
- Jason Brock, 34. Audition recap: This flamboyant, black-haired singer talked about his dream stage show having a “glitter explosion.” He wowed all of the judges with his version of Billy Joel’s “New York State of Mind.”
- Tara Simon, 27. Audition recap: Backstage footage showed her being catty and arrogant. Simon is a vocal coach who bragged that she is so tough that she makes her students cry. But Simon was the one to cry in her “X Factor” audition, as she burst into tears toward the end of performing a ballad version of David Guetta’s “Without You.” The judges, who all voted “yes” for her, said her performance had some flaws but that she had great potential. Viewers will probably think she was kept on the show to create conflict and drama.
- Tate Stevens, 37. Audition recap: He is the only country artist in the Top 17. This married father wowed the judges and audience with a great version of Randy Houser’s “Anything Goes.” He got a standing ovation and enthusiastic “yes” votes from all of the judges.
Grupės, globėjas Simon Cowell; kviestinis globėjas Marc Anthony
- Dope Crisis, a hip-hop quartet (three males and one female), will get comparisons to the Black Eyed Peas. Dope Crisis’ “X Factor” audition was not shown on TV.
- Emblem 3, a male trio whose members are ages 15 to 19. Audition recap: This hip-hop-styled pop group wowed the judges with an original song called “Sunset Boulevard.” Emblem 3 is Cowell’s clear favorite in this category.
- One4Five, a male hip-hop duo whose members are 19 and 23. Audition recap: One of the members had a gimmick of wearing ice-blue contact lenses, like he was in a horror movie. One4Five got “yes” votes from all of the judges.
- “X Factor”-created girl group whose name is to be announced. The group’s members, who originally auditioned as solo singers, are Ally Brooke, Camila Cabello, Normani Hamilton, Dinah-Jane Hansen and Lauren Jauregui. Audition recap: Brooke, 19, sang Jaci Velasquez’s “On My Knees.” Hamilton, 15, sang Aretha Franklin’s “Chain of Fools.” Jauregui, 16, sang Alicia Keys’ “If I Ain’t Got You.” Cabello and Hansen did not have their “X Factor” auditions shown on TV.